How to Perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 From USB Drive in 2019: There are two methods to install Windows 10 from USB…
- Install Windows 10 Via a USB Drive or DVD through your PC Bios Menu.
- While the second method is Microsoft’s Windows 10 media creation tool. You can download it from the Microsoft official Website.
But here we will discuss only ” How to perform a clean install of Windows 10 from USB Drive.
If you have ever installed a Windows 10 on your PC the best way to upgrade your PC on latest Windows version is either to perform a clean install of Windows from a USB drive or a DVD only.
Therefore, to perform a clean install of Windows 10, you just need a Bootable USB Drive or writable DVD. While if you don’t know how to make a bootable USB drive you can google it. Because here we will talk about only ” How to install windows 10 from USB.
Steps To Perform A Clean Install of Windows 10 from USB Drive
- First, make sure you have an at least 4GB of USB Drive to copy all Windows 10 Boot files.
- Second is download a fresh copy of windows 10 from Microsoft as an ISO file. You can download either x64 or an x86-bit version of Windows 10.
- Now create a bootable USB drive using “Power ISO Tool” for windows by selecting precious download Windows 10 ISO file. You can also make bootable USB drive using CMD commands in Windows itself. But by using ” Power ISO” Tool it makes this operation very easy.
How to install Windows 10 From USB
Once your USB Drive is set to install windows 10 from the boot, you should restart the PC and enter the Boot Menu Key from your Keyboard.
However, it will be different on different PC, For example, in my case it is F12 and on other PC it will either F9 or F11.
Now select your Boot device from Boot Menu, which will a USB Drive, shown in the picture down below…
After this, the Windows logo will appear on the screen, after select your Language or Time.
Now click on Next button.
After all this now the time is to perform a clean install of Windows 10. Now click on “Install Now” button to perform windows installation operation.
It’s time to enter your Windows 10 product key to activate it. That’s why the setup will ask you for a product key during the installation times.
If you have originally upgraded Windows key then enter your product key or if you don’t have a key’ then you can ‘Do this step later’.
Next step is to choose your Drive e.g (C:/ Drive) and Format it completely to do a clean install of Windows 10 and click on Next button.
Now you will see the progress status of Windows 10 installation as shown in the figure.
And you are all done just set up your windows 10 as you want it and enjoy.
But note one thing if you already got the Window in your system and want to do a clean install over that then you need to format your “C:” drive (or the drive you got the window in). And then install the window in it. (You will get this step while installing the windows 10)